Getting your car keys back when you’ve locked them inside can seem like the only choice when you’ve accidently locked them inside. In addition to being untidy, this situation is also potentially hazardous due to the presence of broken glass. We’ll see how to get the keys out of a Ford Fusion that has been locked inside.
In order to unlock your Ford Fusion if the keys are trapped inside, there are a variety of methods you can use. In the event that you are unsure about any of these approaches, we recommend that you seek the assistance of a professional locksmith.
The Ford Fusion
A mid-size sedan manufactured by Ford from 2006 to 2020, the Fusion is available in gasoline, gas/electric hybrid, and gas/plug-in electric hybrid versions. With a size that falls between the Focus and the Taurus, it’s equipped with Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid technology and an EcoBoost engine.
Unlocking A Ford Fusion
The FordPass app and whether or whether your vehicle has manual or automatic locking systems should be taken into account before attempting to get access.
Using a Lockout Tool
Coat hangers and rulers can be used to get back into the car in the same manner that a lockout tool would, but they can also be used if you don’t have one on hand.
- Pull back the black weather stripping on your door glass with your fingers to make room for your tool
- Using your lockout tool, insert it into the passenger side door. We recommend the passenger side as it has fewer wires between the windows.
- You can now open the lock with your tool by hooking the locking mechanism located below the locking pin and pulling upwards to unlock it.
- This may take several attempts as the locking mechanism is roughly two inches below the window, but once you figure it out it is easy to do again if you find yourself stuck without your keys.
Using the FordPass app
The FordPass app is available for models made after 2018. There are three ways to unlock your vehicle using the FordPass app, whether you’re currently using it or have used it in the past.
- Login to your FordPass app.
- Select the vehicle you want to gain entry to.
- Press and hold the unlock button.
- Wait until the circle stops spinning and your vehicle will be unlocked.
- Use your Keyless entry code on the wallet-sized card located in your owner’s manual.
- Enter the 5-digit code entry code to unlock the driver’s side door.
Ford Roadside Assistance is available to you if your car is still under warranty. You can get in touch with a Ford-trained mechanic who can help you reclaim control of your vehicle.
Unlocking Your Ford Fusion When The Key Fob Dies
Not being able to start your Ford Fusion because your key fob has died might be a major hassle. Fortunately, there is a simple approach you may do to quickly and damage-free get back into your car.
Make a note of this secret trick to access the manual key barrel in your Ford Fusion since you never know when you might need to use this helpful Ford function.
You can also disable the auto-locking option in your Ford Fusion’s dashboard settings to avoid making the common error of locking your keys inside the vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I unlock a 2020 Ford Fusion with the keys locked inside?
Fortunately, newer Fusion cars may be remotely accessed via the FordPass app. The app or your keyless entry code can be used to open your vehicle.
Why was the Ford Fusion discontinued?
Following the year 2018, Ford began discontinuing its Fusion and other sedans as part of a broader effort to alter its marketing strategy in the United States.
Is the Ford Fusion a luxury car?
The Ford Fusion offers a luxurious driving experience without the correspondingly high price. It exudes quality and refinement while remaining one of Ford’s most dependable and cost-effective models to date.
In the event that your Ford Fusion’s key gets locked inside, this tutorial should have provided you with many possibilities for regaining access. To avoid costly and unneeded damage to your Ford Fusion, make sure you follow the instructions for your specific model. There are a number of options when your keys are locked in your car, including the police, locksmiths, and Ford Roadside Assistance.